Hand Hygiene to prevent spread of Covid 19 and other Microbial Infections
Hand hygiene is the act of cleaning one’s hand to remove oil, grease, microorganisms, or other unwanted substances. Hand washing with soap often, and throughout the day prevents the spread of many diseases, for example diarrhea and cholera. People can also become infected with respiratory diseases such as Influenza or the Common Cold, if they do not wash their hands properly.
Hand hygiene procedures include the use of Alcohol based Hand Rubs (containing 60%-95% alcohol) and Hand Washing with Soap and Water. Good hand hygiene will reduce the risk of things like flu, food poisoning and healthcare associated infections being passed from person to person.
Importance of Hand Hygiene
Infectious diseases continue to be a health challenge and economic burden within our communities. Effective hand hygiene is critical. The impact of poor hand hygiene is linked to increase occurrences of illness. As simple as it may seem, proper hand washing remains the most effective way of removing germs and harmful bacteria from our hands.
There are many easy ways to keep the hands clean. The common methods are washing the hands with soap and water or using a Alcohol based sanitizers. Below are the most important benefits of hand washing you should take note of :
- Reduction of Bacteria content on your hands.
- Prevention of communicable diseases, diarrhea.
- Creating a safer working environment for medical staff and the patients.
- Keeping your workplace safe from bacteria.
- Obstruction of respiratory tract infections.
- Avoidance of common eye infections.
When to Wash your Hands
- After using the toilet.
- Before, during and after preparing food.
- Between handling raw and cooked or ready to eat food.
- Before eating.
- Before and after attending to sick children or other family members.
- After handling rubbish or working in the garden.
- After handling animals.
A number of infectious diseases can be spread from one person to another by contaminated hands. So washing your hands properly or by using alcohol based sanitizers can help prevent the spread of the germs like bacteria and viruses that can cause diseases.
- Routine Handwash - It is the act of cleaning one’s hand with simple soap and water to remove any dirt, germs or any unwanted substances. The hands should be washed properly before touching eyes, nose or mouth.
Dr Kooin offers a wide range of Luxury Handmade Glycerine based Soaps processed in Herbal Extracts and Essential Oils, which offer the much needed Moisturisation needed by your skin, which besides cleaning the skin and the body are extremely soft on the skin and offer the much needed hydration preventing dryness of the skin.
- Antiseptic Handwash - Antiseptic hand wash with Antibacterial Soaps have been heavily promoted to a health conscious public. In other words it is an act of washing hands with soap, water or other detergents containing an antiseptic agent.
Dr Kooin Luxury Hand Wash has a Anti-bacterial action which thoroughly cleanses the skin, removes dirt and traces of any bacteria and viruses. It also keeps the hands beautifully fragranced and hydrated.
- Antiseptic Hand Rub / Sanitizers - A hand sanitizer is a no water based hand hygiene agent. In the late 1990s, alcohol based hand rubs or hand sanitizers began to gain popularity. Most are based on Isopropyl Alcohol or Ethanol. Hand sanitizers containing a minimum of 60-95% alcohol are efficient germ killers. Alcohol rub sanitizers kill bacteria and some viruses.
Dr Kooin Range of Hand Sanitizers are made from 70% Alcohol as recommended by the WHO to keep protected from Bacteria and Virus and reducing the spread of infections. It is processed in Herbal Extracts which not only kill germs but is also very soft on hands.